Pages

Thursday 13 December 2012

Christmas Tree Project & tutorial

Hello to allI was sat at work on Tuesday and was doing some Christmas decs with the people I look after, we were doing these cut out slide together tree's, as I was busy working I thought to myself I could do a much better job at home with all my crafting stash and quality products, at work its just thin card and not so good scissors.
This is what I made.
   What do you think?
now let me talk you through it.


 First cut out 2 x identical trees using paper as a pattern. Draw a cut line fron the bottom of one tree to just over half way up. On the second tree draw a cut line from the top down to just over half way.



Then stick these to chipboard or strong cardboard with Crafters Companion stick and spray and cut out using a sharp craft knife. 
If cut right they should slot together, test by trying to see if they fit.
Top tip make the grooves a little wider.
 At this stage I painted all the edges with gold paint.
 Next find some papers of choice and stick pieces of paper all over on both sides.
Then cut off the excess. Do tree one both sides the same then do tree 2 with different papers covering both sides.
This is how it should look.





Now slot both together, you can glue the top
together to help strengthen the top part of the tree. Now decorate with what ever you like, I used brads, pearls and a old chain from the charity shop then went around it with black soot distress ink and sprayed with Crafters Companion spray and sparkle gold.

I would like to enter this in to theses challenges.
Tuesday alchemy- Anything Goes
Love to Create Challenge - Anything goes

I hope you all enjoyed and as always feedback and comments welcome
AJ x x 

3 comments:

  1. I love this! What a fun project for decorating but also for using up all those little pieces we can't bear to throw away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous fun Christmas Project. Thank you for joining us at Love to Create this week and sending you Merry Christmas Greetings.
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely tree, very sweet, well done and thanks for joining in at Tuesday Alchemy

    ReplyDelete